Tuesday 17 June 2008


We had a lovely afternoon at the cricket yesterday. It was the Twenty20 cup, with Kent and Hampshire, Kent won !!! On this particular event you are not allowed to take alcohol into the grounds. This isn't a problem for me as I am driving, but I bought my dad a pint of local beer at £3.10. This apparently is an ok price judging by the amount of drinking going on. The people next to me commented that at a Radio1 concert last month, water was £3.50 a bottle and a pint of beer was £5. Food from the outlets was selling well, with chips at £2 and burgers at £3.50. I am always amazed at the amount of money people can throw away. It just needs a bit of preparation and practice to take sandwiches and drinks and all the containers can be reused instead of mindlessly chucked into the rubbish bin.
Today I have made jam with a kilo of Kentish strawberries. It is something I need practice with as I am still unsure when it is set. It looks good at the moment and house smells wonderful as I have bread baking too. We picked our first baby spinach leaves for a salad yesterday and they were great.

No comments: